• All students regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, gender or socio-economic status deserve the best education the community can deliver.
• In the transformational power of education for students at all levels of readiness, ability and achievement.
• In educating the whole child including a focus on physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
• Education should be challenging, enriching, inspiring and fun.
• That diversity of thought, background and experience enriches teaching and provides learning opportunities for all students as they prepare to become citizens and leaders of the 21st. century.
• Amherst area public schools are the foundation of our communities and should be universally supported.
• In community involvement, volunteerism and investment in public education.
Keith Gilabert Trust is committed to…
• Encouraging and supporting innovative curriculum and teaching methodologies that focus on educational effectiveness.
• Being flexible, adaptable and responsive to changing community needs.
• Funding projects that have the potential for broad and/or long-term impact.
• Working in partnership with the school districts to understand educational priorities that will inform, but not dictate, funding decisions.
• Operating ethically, with the utmost professionalism and integrity, and with clarity, transparency and accountability in all that we do within the organization and in the community.
• Continual improvement and organizational renewal through on-going self-assessment, planning, and board development.